Engineering has existed since ancient times, when humans devised inventions such as the wedge, lever, wheel and pulley, etc. The term engineering is derived from the word engineer, which itself dates back to the 14th century when an engine’er referred to “a constructor of military engines. In this context, now obsolete, an “engine” referred to a military machine, i.e., a mechanical contraption used in war (for example, a catapult). Notable examples of the obsolete usage which have survived to the present day are military engineering corps, e.g., the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
The word “engine” itself is of even older origin, ultimately deriving from the Latin ingenium, and meaning “innate quality, especially mental power, hence a clever invention.”
Engineering is the use of scientific principles to design and build machines, structures, and other items, including bridges, tunnels, roads, vehicles, and buildings. The discipline of engineering encompasses a broad range of more specialized fields of engineering, each with a more specific emphasis on particular areas of applied mathematics, applied science, and types of application. See glossary of engineering.
Engineering in Bangalore
Bangalore is home to many educational and research institutions and has played a significant role in the contribution towards skill development. Bangalore is considered to be one of the educational hubs in India.
Engineering colleges in Bangalore are the best to study B.E or B.Tech in India. If you are not able to secure a seat in IITs, NITs, IIITs, & central government-funded technical institutions. Don’t worry! Still, you can join some of the best universities & colleges in Bangalore, Karnataka. As we all know that IITs, NITs, IIITs & GFTIs are the most reputed engineering colleges across the country. But only a few students can get admission in institutes of national importance. Every year more than 14 Lakh students appear in the JEE Mains entrance exams. But only 2.5 Lakh students can qualify for JEE Advanced for admission in IITs. Also, only a few students can get admission in top NITs, IIITs & GFTIs in India.
Top Colleges in Bangalore
- V.College of Engineering | RVCE Bangalore
- B M S College of Engineering | BMSCE Bangalore
- Ramaiah Institute Of Technology | MSRIT Bangalore
- Dayananda Sagar College Of Engineering | DSCE Bangalore
- PES University | PESU | Bangalore
- RNS Institute of Technology | RNSIT | Bangalore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology | BIT Bangalore | Karnataka
- CMR Institute Of Technology| CMRIT | Bangalore
- M S Ramaiah University Of Applied Sciences | MSRUAS Bangalore
- Acharya Institute of Technology | Bangalore | Karnataka
- BNM Institute Of Technology | BNMIT | Bangalore
Branches of Engineering
There is 40 different Branches of Engineering, Bellow are the list of the most demanding Branches of Engineering according to its demand.
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Agricultural engineering
- Mining engineering
- Biochemical engineering
- Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
Candidates those wishes to apply in B.Tech courses can check here the eligibility criteria to sit in the written examination.
- Candidates should pass the Intermediate or its equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics and any one (Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational) Subjects.
- Candidates should have obtained 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for the current admission
- The candidate should be 17 years of Age.
Scope after Engineering
The B.Tech students have ample job opportunities. The student can land in wide variety of job in different fields like IT & Software, Constructions, Manufacturing, Production, Automobile Etc.
Some of the career after B.Tech is-
- Software Engineer
- Software Tester
- Software Developer
- Mining Engineer
- Automobile Engineer
- Database Architect
- Chemical Engineer
- System Engineer
- System Administrator
- Structural Engineer
- Network Engineer
There are many Multi-National company visits the campus of the institute of the placements for the requirement of the fresh candidates. Few of the companies are listed below-
- NTT Data